By Investing.com Staff
Despite a major swoon in stocks after the Fed raised 75 bps and indicated that more hikes are approaching, several rumors made their way around Wall Street today.
1. DXC Technology Co (NYSE:) gained on reports it hired advisers after receiving takeover interest, according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter.
2. Occidental Petroleum (NYSE:) was on rumor watch on word its Chairman, Stephen Chazen, has taken ill. Warren Buffett’s Berkshire has been a large buyer of the stock and rumors have it that he will eventually acquire the entire company.
3. Chindata Group Holdings Ltd. (NASDAQ:) was higher in early trading amid reports from DealReporter that the company hired Morgan Stanley to assess potential asset sales or a take private.
4. SilverBow Resources, Inc. (NYSE:) saw vague takeover rumors after the company adopted a rights plan.
5. Google (NASDAQ:) was said to acquire Israeli-startup BreezoMeter for $200 million, according to reports from Calcalist